This policy (together with the terms and conditions of our website www.babydestination.com (Website)) outlines our practices in relation to collection, processing and handling of your personal information by us.
BD Parenting Infotech Pvt. Ltd. (“Baby Destination”),22A, Ring Road, Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar 4, New Delhi
Delhi – 110024, India.
Information that we collect and process
- When you sign up as a Merchant with us, or fill any form on the Website or create an account with us or sign up using a social network we collect and process information provided by you on the forms or as indicated while you are creating an account or signing up using a social network. This could be information provided at the time of registering for membership or for subscribing to newsletter/other resources or contacting us.
- If you make any payment on our Website or offline, we may collect and process information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders for billing and payment purposes.
- We may also collect and process information through surveys that we use for research purposes (note that you can choose not to participate in such surveys).
- We may also process web logs of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If you choose to post reviews, post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas, leave feedback, provide testimonials, share parenting advice or expert opinions, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to do research, resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems.
- When you propose to buy any Product, we may collect information that we feel is required for Merchants to process the order and deliver the Product.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- We may further collect and process any information and data that you volunteer to us, e.g. when you register for membership, subscribe to newsletters, or discussion groups or forums.
We provide Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website.
all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account. If you want to remove your contact information from our lists and newsletters, please contact us at email@example.com.
Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Information
- To create membership accounts, process your orders and deliver the information, products and services that you have requested or which we feel may interest you;
- To process payments made by you towards purchase of products or services on the Website;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- To keep you up to date on the latest announcements, software updates, security patches, system enhancements, special offers, training workshops and resources that may be of use to you. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies or business partners about products and services that can add value to your membership;
- To tailor information about our services to your individual interests;
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information, and to provide customer feedback and support;
- To provide marketing or promotional activities on the Website;
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to our customers. Your completion of any questionnaires shall be voluntary;
- To support recruitment inquiries; and
- To meet contractual obligations.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our affiliate advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is done for system administration, to report aggregate information to our business users, to help diagnose problems, and to gather demographic information. We may also use IP addresses or other information, such as information you have shared on the Website or at any earlier occasion, to determine which pages on our Websites are being visited and topics that may be of interest so we can provide you with information about relevant products and services. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is done for system administration, to report aggregate information to our business users, to help diagnose problems, and to gather demographic information. We may also use IP addresses or other information, such as information you have shared on the Website or at any earlier occasion, to determine which pages on our Websites are being visited and topics that may be of interest so we can provide you with information about relevant products and services.
Embedded Web Links
Emails from us may use links designed to lead you to a relevant area on the web, after redirection through our servers. The redirection system allows is to change the destination URL of these links, if necessary, and to determine the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives.
In emails, such links may also allow us to determine if you have clicked on a link in the email, and the information about this interaction may be connected to your personal identity. If you do not want us to collect information about the links you clicked, you can simply choose not to click on the links in an e-mail that we send you.
[We may also allow advertisers and other third parties to place cookies onto your computer when you visit the Website. This allows them to keep track of the web searches you make while visiting this Website and your web surfing behavior on the Website and other websites you may visit. That information is used to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on this and other websites, and/or to keep track of your response to each advertisement. You may refuse to accept these cookies if your browser permits, although in such a case you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.]
Storage and security of Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping such password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure
Sharing Your Personal Information
- We may share such information with business partners, vendors, Merchants, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, hosting event, workshop and training registration and providing customer support, or providing you with information on services that may be of interest to you. Since we are a marketplace for Products, the Products will be sold by third party Merchants and we may such information with such Merchants to enable them to sell and deliver the Products to you.
- We may share financial information or transfer your data to third parties involved in executing your financial transaction and payments, such as banks, payment gateway intermediaries, credit card companies, payment instrument issuers and other financial and credit control institutions.
- We may disclose the information provided by you in connection with a legal/arbitral/administrative process or if required or necessary under applicable laws or if requested by any judicial/administrative/governmental/regulatory authority.
- We or our affiliates may decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses and assets. In such a case, the transaction may involve the disclosure or sale of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers. We will seek appropriate protection with respect to sharing of your personal information in such transactions.
- We may collect and share personal data and any other additional information with third parties in connection with investigation or prevention of or taking action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, theft, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our terms and conditions, or as otherwise required by the applicable law.
- We will not sell or rent your personal data or information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
Links to Other Websites/ Advertisements
[We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.]
We may retain an archive copy of any information provided to us for our records and/or for audit and legal compliance purposes.
Updating/Removing Personal Information
You are responsible for notifying us in case you require any changes to your personal information. If you no longer desire our service, please let us know and we shall correct, update or remove your personal information provided to us.